Bobby pin is something most consider to be worthless and most people will just dispose it into the trash because the have seen no value in it. But as the saying goes, nothing is totally worthless if you know how to make it worth something which is the case of Demi Skipper who traded a booby pin for a house and on the process gain 5 million followers on tiktok.
Have you ever wondered what you could get if you traded a simple bobby pin for something else? Maybe a pair of earrings, a book, or a coffee mug? Well, one woman decided to take this idea to the extreme and see if she could trade her way from a bobby pin to a house. And she did it!
Demi Skipper, a 30-year-old product manager from San Francisco, started the Trade Me Project in May 2020, inspired by Kyle MacDonald, who famously traded a red paperclip for a house in 2006. She posted her first trade offer on Craigslist and TikTok, where she had zero followers at the time. She was determined to achieve her goal of owning a house without spending any money or using any contacts.
She documented her journey on social media, where she gained millions of followers who cheered her on, gave her advice, and helped her with logistics. She also faced many challenges, rejections, and criticisms along the way. But she never gave up.
It took her 28 trades over a year and a half to finally get the keys to a modest two-bedroom house near Nashville, Tennessee. Here are some of the highlights of her incredible trade journey:
- She traded a bobby pin for a pair of earrings, then a set of margarita glasses, then a vacuum cleaner.
- She traded the vacuum cleaner for an old snowboard, then a pair of Apple AirPods, then an electric skateboard.
- She traded the electric skateboard for an Apple TV, then an Xbox One, then a MacBook Pro.
- She traded the MacBook Pro for a camera and lens kit, then an iPhone 11 Pro Max, then a 2008 Dodge Ram truck.
- She traded the truck for three tractors, then one of the rarest items in the world: a Chipotle Celebrity Card that gives unlimited free food for a year and a catered dinner for 50 people.
- She traded the Chipotle card for an off-the-grid trailer with solar panels and a Tesla powerwall worth $40,000.
- She traded the trailer for a tiny cabin in Colorado worth $70,000.
- She traded the cabin for her dream house in Tennessee worth $100,000.
Demi Skipper is an example of someone who turned a small item into big dreams through unconventional trades. She showed the power of bartering, creativity, and persistence. She also inspired many people to try their own trading projects and see what they can achieve.
What do you think of Demi Skipper’s trading success? Have you ever tried trading something for something else? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below. And don’t forget to share this article with your friends who might be interested in this real-life bobby pin for house exchange.
Trading Her House Away For More Value
Demi Skipper have shown the world that someone can turn something very little into something very big through trading, show have also shown the power of bartering, persistence and creativity in trying to make things happen.
But what if we told you that Demi Skipper is not done yet? That’s right, she is thinking of trading her house away for something even more valuable. She revealed this in a recent video on her TikTok account, where she asked her followers for their opinions.
She said that she loves her house, but she also loves trading. She said that she feels like she has more potential to trade up to something bigger and better. She said that she is not attached to the house, and that she would be happy to live in an RV or a van while she continues her trading journey.
She also said that she has received some amazing offers for her house, such as:
- A Ferrari worth $150,000
- A yacht worth $200,000
- A private island worth $250,000
She asked her followers to vote on whether she should keep the house or trade it away. The results were mixed, with some people supporting her decision to trade, and others advising her to stay put.
What do you think of Demi Skipper’s trading success? Do you think she should trade her house away for more value? Or do you think she should keep it and enjoy it? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below. And don’t forget to share this article with your friends who might be interested in this real-life bobby pin for house exchange.